JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. – An open house for the planned High Mobility Artillery Rocket System’s Reduced Range Practice Rocket testing is scheduled for Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at the Eagles Pride Golf Course Conference Center, JBLM, I-5 exit 116. This is an opportunity for the local community to hear details about the firing of 27 HIMARS Reduced Range Practice Rockets (RRPR) at JBLM March 15-17.
Subject matter experts at the open house will explain the testing process and how these launches will provide JBLM-specific noise data generated from the rockets.
The Reduced Range Practice Rockets (RRPR) will be fired on these dates:
March 15, 16 and 17 (Tuesday-Thursday)
· 10 a.m. 3 rockets fired at 10-15 minute intervals
· 2 p.m. 3 rockets fired at 10-15 minute intervals
· 7 p.m. 3 rockets fired at 10-15 minute intervals
· Firing dates & times are subject to change; Updates at https://www.facebook.com/JBLewisMcChord
· Rockets will be fired only from the Hayes Hill Firing Point; rockets will be fired one at a time
· Rockets will be fired southeast into the center of JBLM’s Artillery Impact Area
· Rockets WILL NOT be fired over I-5 or any community
HIMARS RRPR: An unarmed, blunt-nose, high-drag rocket. It’s 13 feet long, about nine inches across and weighs 675 pounds. The rocket does not carry any explosives.
Feedback: During the RRPR test firing, citizens are welcome to provide feedback by calling the JBLM hotline at 253-967-0852, or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org