Exceptional Families Network is a Washington nonprofit organization working with families who have children with special needs. We support, educate, and empower exceptional families and our community to create an inclusive environment for all. We are seeking volunteers to assist us in making our events successful. Some ongoing events are:
- Monthly Support Group Meetings
- Dare 2BExceptional
- Trunk or Treat
- Sensational Santa
- Sunday Funday
- And other community events
Exceptional Families Network is looking for volunteers that are willing to come and spend some time helping and having fun with kids with special needs.
Training will be provided.
Must be 14 yrs. or older
Some of our events are:
• Abilicon- Providing resources, events and speakers on disabilities
• Dare2BExceptional- Raising awareness on bullying
• Trunk or Treat- Provides a safe place for our kids to go trick or treating.
• Sensational Santa- A lot of our kids have a hard time standing in line waiting to get their picture taken with Santa. This event provides a quieter atmosphere where they can still get their picture taken with Santa Claus.
• Tacoma Support Group Meetings- Every second Thursday of the month or families come to the children’s Museum for a support group. The adults go into one room and learn about a topic and the children get to play in the museum.
Exceptional Families Network , 5204 Solberg Dr SW, Lakewood WA 98499 • 253-584-4336