Our Community Grants Program is now live and accepting applications.
The Tacoma Garden Club’s Community Projects Committee is looking forward to another year of helping community organizations with funding for projects that align with the mission of the program. Please consider this opportunity, or share with others that may be interested! Especially in these challenging times we know that there is a great need.
• To stimulate a love of gardening
• To protect the quality of the environment
• To encourage civic improvement
• To support charitable, scientific, and educational activities in each of the above categories
The qualifying application must meet the following criteria:
• Grant requests should relate to the above mission statement
• Grant requests need to be for a specific project (see sidebar for examples)
• Proposed projects must be within the boundary of Pierce County
• Monies requested must be used by June 15 following their receipt
• Maximum grant amount is $500
• Priority for funding will be given to projects that did not receive a grant during the last two years.
• Eligible Applicants are an organization or entity including those such as nonprofits as defined by the state of Washington*, government agencies, private or public schools, hospitals, retirement centers, rehabilitation facilities and youth programs.
*A non-profit as defined by the Washington State Department of Revenue:
o It is formed under the Washington nonprofit corporation act,
o It qualifies as a nonprofit for federal tax purposes, or
o It is a church, charity, or benevolent organization
• Grants are not available to individuals, homeowners, homeowner associations or political organizations.
• Greatest consideration is given to those applicants with the ability for large community impact or out-reach.
If you feel you are a qualified organization, we invite you to apply for one of our available grants. Past grants have helped purchase items such as fencing for community gardens, rain barrels, drip systems, brochures, garden tools, and educational activities.
The Schedule for the grant process is as follows:
|July 1||Applications accepted|
|September 30||Application deadline (must be received by 5 pm Pacific standard time)|
|Oct. 8 – Oct. 30||On-site visits to applicants by committee members|
|November 1||Committee reviews all applications|
|November 24||Notification letters and checks sent to grantees|
|May 15||Recipients will send photos of projects to email TGCsmallgrants@tacomagardenclub.org|
Please find attached a fillable pdf application. You may also find a copy on our website at the following link: https://tacomagardenclub.org/grants.html
You may also mail filled application to:
Community Projects Chair
Tacoma Garden Club
PO Box 64235
University Place WA 98464-0235
We are available to help you with questions concerning this application.
Email your questions, including a contact name and phone #,
We look forward to hearing from you!
Community Grants Program Chair
Tacoma Garden Club