PIRECE TRANSIT — Latest Developments on the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project on Pacific Avenue (SR7).
- We are approaching 60% project design. This milestone allows us to apply for remaining funds needed from the Federal Transit Administration.
- Current project timelines have the project starting in early 2022 with service in 2024.
- The shelter design was selected and we are now working through details, platform amenities and placement.
- Our BRT Community Committee, which includes customers and other local stakeholders, advises the project team as the community liaison. Their fourth meeting was held on October 20.
- Pierce Transit, City of Tacoma, Tacoma Public Utilities, Pierce County, and WSDOT are close to finalizing a partnering agreement as the agencies continue close project cooperation.
- The project will impact some properties along the corridor. We have established contact with approximately 260 potentially impacted property owners, and have opened dialogue through individual meetings to share information and answer questions. For questions regarding specific properties, please call the property line at 253.581.8016 or email BRT@piercetransit.org.
- December 10, from 5:00pm to 6:30 p.m., we will hold a BRT livestream open house to share the latest updates. Watch RideBRT.com and Pierce Transit’s Twitter and Facebook for details.
- How can you learn more and get involved?