Candidate filing begins Monday, May 16 with the Pierce County Auditor’s Office
Offices open for election this year include:
- · U.S. Senator
- · U.S. Representative Offices (Congress)
- · All State Offices including Governor
- · State Senators and Representatives
- · Pierce County Offices
- · Judicial Offices including State Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and Superior Court
- Democratic and Republican Precinct Committee Officers
Locally, the following offices file with the Pierce County Auditor’s Office:
- · State Senators and Representatives, Legislative Districts 25, 27, 28 and 29
- · Pierce County Offices, Executive, Assessor/Treasurer, Sheriff, Council Districts 2, 3, 4 and 6
- · Court of Appeals Division 2, District 1
- · Pierce County Superior Court (1-22)
- · Precinct Committee Officers
All other offices file with the Office of the Secretary of State
Filing for Office
Online candidate filing opens Monday, May 16 at 9:00 a.m. To file your declaration of candidacy go to PierceCountyElections.org and choose the “File for Office” link.
Filing week runs through Friday, May 20. Online filing closes at 4:00 p.m. In-person filing ends at 4:30 p.m. at the Pierce County Election Center, located at 2501 South 35th St. Suite C in Tacoma.
For a list of open offices, voters’ pamphlet requirements, and more visit PierceCountyElections.org.
Voters who want to explore which offices are open in their district can install the new Civic Pierce County app on their mobile device, explore their civic life, and click on “Offices I can run for.” The free mobile app is available at iTunes and Google Play and includes a wide array of timely and specific information about elections, elected officials, and more.
A lot drawing to determine the candidate order on the ballot will take place after the close of filing on Friday, May 20 (approximately 4:45 p.m.). All candidates and public are invited to observe